New Futures Scholars Program
New Futures helps under-served young people find their pathway to financial stability through a unique combination of post-secondary scholarships, academic advising, and career coaching with a specific focus on short-term degrees and rewarding careers in high-growth fields.
The first stage in our approach is our Scholars Program, through which we provide life-changing post-secondary scholarships as well as the targeted supports that are proven to affect persistence and completion.
New Futures Scholars benefit from:
- Scholarships up to $7,800 to cover tuition and other education-related expenses
- Workshops tailored to help Scholars develop communication and priority-setting skills
- Scholars Weekend, a biannual retreat that includes activities for team-building, goal-setting, and reflection
- Ongoing one-on-one academic and career advising from a professional staff adviser
Scholars pursue careers in high-growth and in-demand fields, such as:
- Health Science
- Information Technology
- Architecture & Construction
- Education & Training
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Many more