News & Notes
- Chelsea Clinton Writes about a New Futures Scholar
Chelsea Clinton published an article in the June 19th edition of the Huffington Post reporting on the remarkable success of New Futures scholar Elmer Diaz. Elmer received two scholarships from ...
- New Futures Welcomes Greg Cork
Greg Cork is appointed New Futures Executive Director. Greg brings to the Executive Director’s role 10 years of education-related nonprofit management experience, a deep commitment to the New Futures mission, ...
Having immigrated from El Salvador, Flor spent three years studying English at the Next Step Public Charter School at the Latin American Youth Center. She received earned her GED in 2001 and received the New Futures Scholarship in 2002. She was a consistent honor roll student at the SANZ School and received her medical assistant certification in 2003. She is presently working at the Columbia Road Public Health Center as a medical assistant, serving her own community of Columbia Heights. She is getting ready to use a second New Futures scholarship to obtain additional education and become a Registered Nurse, continuing to serve her community as a bi-lingual public health worker.
Interested in Applying?
New Futures has 12 Community Partners that nominate and mentor scholars. This is our featured Community Partner for the month:
Covenant House Washington was established to address widespread problems of homelessness and poverty among teenagers and young adults. With an open intake philosophy, CHW readily embraces those youth who take the first step to change their lives. No youth in crisis is ever turned away.
New Futures thanks these generous organizations and local businesses for their recent support:
- The Sunrise Foundation
- The Morris & Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation
- The May and Stanley Smith Charitable Trust
- The Weissberg Foundation
- The Junior League of Washington
- The Arcana Foundation
- The World Bank Group Community Connections Campaign
- The International Monetary Fund Civics Program
- Capital One
- The CityBridge Foundation
- The United Way of the National Capital Area
- Advisory Board
- Scion Restaurant
- The Miller & Chevalier Charitable Foundation
- The Herb Block Foundation